I love barbecue chicken during summer, however I am not a fan of the grill. My husband has offered to show me how to grill but I like to change the subject. When the craving came for some barbecue chicken and to have it basically just appear I came up with a great solution: the crockpot! I’m not going to lie, it turned out great, only took three ingredients and 4 hours and the cleanup was effortless.
- BBQ rub
- 1 package of chicken filets or breasts
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays(the sauce IS the boss)
- Set your crockpot to high for 4 hours or low for 8.
- Place chicken in crockpot and shake enough BBQ rub to cover each chicken piece.
- Depending on cook time, brush each chicken piece with BBQ sauce half an hour prior to serving.
- Serve with a salad or your favorite sides.
How ridiculously easy is this? Enjoy spending time outside or getting other things done while your dinner awaits.