There are a few things in this world that I love a great deal. After the obvious husband, daughter, family, dogs, comes glitter, Stella & Dot and cupcakes. I love, love, love cupcakes! Although I can not tell you at the moment what my favorite homemade recipe is I can say that I make one amazing little flag for them.
I have come across cute flags at the store (I even sell these on my Etsy site). But I love how simple and fun it is to create my own flags for parties and special occasions. I also think that they are a great way to start conversations at parties and trunk shows.
To make these sweet little flags you will need the following:
- Washi tape
- Card stock
- Hot glue gun
- Printer & Computer
- Paper cutter
- Start off by making a table on your word document. You can certainly add more rows if you like, but I have found that two works best for me.
- Print your flags out on the cardstock of your choosing. I tend to aim towards simple off white because it just feels really clean to me.
- BEFORE cutting the flags off of the paper I place rows of washi tape to the right of the words on the paper.
- Using a paper cutter, or a very steady hand with scissors, begin to cut your rows of flags into single flags.
- If you choose too, cut a small triangle piece from the end of the flag with. The washi tape, with the head of your triangle pointed towards your sayings. This forms the cute flag shape.
- Fold the flag and create a small crease to the left of the font to create the space where you will hot glue the toothpick in place. You will only need a small dot and once that dot is in place use a flat object or another tooth pick to push the folded edge of the paper to make it flush.
- Stick it in your cupcakes and enjoy!
– E. Harris
Blogger & Stella & Dot Stylist